SLAP In The City

Our initiative to change the economy 100 small businesses at a time

Over the last decade, Silver Lining, Ltd has changed the economy one small business at a time – over 10,000 times! Imagine what would happen if we went into a single community and worked with 100 small businesses all at once to accelerate their growth? Here at Silver Lining, Ltd, our middle name is Action, not imagine. So, we are launching SLAP In The City – NYC, a year-long initiative where 100 small business owners will be chosen to take on the challenge of successfully growing their business in 12 months. This program will help them set their financial goal; create the action plan to hit that goal; and provide them with all of the resources and accountability they need to accomplish that goal. We’ll be tracking their revenue growth, job creation, and how our program is stimulating the local economy and positively impacting the community.

The Program

  • From June 2014 through June 2015, participating small business owners will be provided the tools and support needed to establish and execute their growth plan, including
  • Free access to SLAPbootcamp – four down ‘n dirty sessions that walk small business owners through the preliminary steps of building out their action plan for the year.
  • Free access to SLAPcenter, an online, do-it-yourself tool that guides them through the processes of building and executing their year- long SLAP
  • Monthly check-ins with experts to ensure they are on track with their plan
  • Access to a kick-off and quarterly events where they will be given the opportunity to network and brainstorm with other small business owners in the program
  • Exposure for their business through press coverage and digital media

The Funding

Each small business participating in the program will receive $5,000 worth of support and resources. 80% of the cost of the program is being covered by Silver Lining, Ltd, with the remaining 20% being covered through contributions and donations from successful entrepreneurs and small business owners who believe in the value of small business to the NYC community.

The Participants

The first 100 small business owners who apply and meet the following criteria will be chosen:

  • Located in one of the 5 boroughs of NYC
  • In business for a minimum of 2 years
  • An annual revenue of at least $100,000
  • Can show proof that their business is on a trajectory of growth
  • Can demonstrate their commitment to the local community and economy

Apply to win one of the 100 spots available in SITC

Apply Now

... or nominate your favorite small business!

Nominate Now