SLAP In The City
Our initiative to change the economy 100 small businesses at a time
Over the last decade, Silver Lining, Ltd has changed the economy one small business at a time – over 10,000 times! Last year, we imagined what would happen if we went into a single community and worked with 100 small business owners all at once to accelerate their growth – so we did just that! SLAP in the City was such a success in its inaugural year that we’re bringing it back. This year, we are recruiting another group of amazing small businesses who will apply to take on the challenge of successfully growing their business in 12 months. This program will help them set their financial goal; create the action plan to hit that goal; and provide them with all of the resources and accountability they need to accomplish that goal. We’ll be tracking their revenue growth, job creation, and how our program is stimulating the local economy and positively impacting the community.
- From June 2015 through June 2016, participating small business owners will be provided the tools and support needed to establish and execute their growth plan, including
- Free access to SLAPbootcamp – four down ‘n dirty sessions that walk small business owners through the preliminary steps of building out their action plan for the year.
- Free access to SLAPcenter, an online, do-it-yourself tool that guides them through the processes of building and executing their year- long SLAP
- Access to a kick-off and free quarterly live training workshops
- Access to a slew of SLAP-happy events, including SLAPpy hours and sessions featuring the craftsmanship and services of the small business owners in our SLAP community – people like you!
- Exposure for their business through press coverage and digital media
Each small business participating in the program will receive $5,000 worth of support and resources. The small business owners who apply and are accepted will only pay $1500 over the course of the year and the rest will be subsidized by Silver Lining.
The small business owners who apply and meet the following criteria will be accepted:
- Located in one of the 5 boroughs of NYC
- In business for a minimum of 2 years
- An annual revenue of at least $100,000
- Can show proof that their business is on a trajectory of growth
- Can demonstrate their commitment to the local community and economy